This website is dedicated to the works of Arie de Bruyn.
‘Psychopomp Press’ is a sole trading business that I set up in 2011 in order to self-publish my work. Short fiction and other material is free to read, based on donation only. Books and novels are available for sale through clicking the ‘BOOKS’ tab.
For tax purposes, ABN: 4880 967 3983
Contact for all other inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow me on Twitter: @firstofkin
Arie de Bruyn was born on the 15th of January, 1987, in Sandringham (Melbourne), Victoria, Australia. Currently residing in Geelong, Victoria, Australia. Has worked as: a bartender/barback, a cashier, a debt collector, an assistant in nursing, general labourer, groundskeeper and an esl teacher.
What can I say about my work experience? I know it’s all over the place, but different types of work are in demand at different times. Lots of people stick to the same job for their entire lives and I have nothing against that. But sometimes you need people to fill in the gaps and my work experience has provided a holistic view of the world which contributes to the field of writing.
As for a lot of the people who stay and study at university for the course of their lives. Lots of people have different theories about how the world works. Some theories work for some people, for other people they don’t. There’s all sorts of different people in the world and you have to accommodate for them all. So what works for the general consensus is usually what’s in practice for most people in working environments.
In my own work experience I have found as an individual with a creative mind, I adapt a method that works best for myself. This means I adapt quickly, but not necessarily proficiently. This doesn’t mean that I ignore what the general method is, I just adapt better to new environments and do what works for me. I don’t think I was necessarily the most proficient employee at any of these jobs. But I gave it a try and helped out where I could.
Youngest son of Dirk de Bruyn (https://otherfilm.org/dirk-de-bruyn/) and Alison de Bruyn (Speech Pathologist)
The self published books include:
- Variations of Sanity [A book of short stories, poems and prose (2009)]
- The Sky is Falling [A novel of fiction (2011)]
- Psychic Symphony [A novel of fiction (2013)]
- Things are looking up for the twentieth century [A novel of fiction (2014)]
- Tales of Woe, Misery and Despair [A novel of fiction (2017)]
- Mad Bastard: The Complete Short Stories [A compilation of short stories (2019)]
Other writing formats:
Psychotic Tendencies Zine [A self-made zine hosting poems (2008)]
Ran the website http://www.psychopomppress.com [Hosting short fiction and distribution of other material. (2020 – current)]
- Into Oblivion [1 min 26 sec, Claymation (2018)]
- Contract for Sacrifice [6 min 15 sec, Claymation (2018)]
- What’s Happening? [4 min 40 sec, Claymation (2018)]
- Bushwalk [2 min 16 sec, Experimental (2019)]
- Thai Farewell Ceremony [1 min 53 sec, Home video (2017)]
- Dogs can Walk [18 min 50 sec, Experimental/Film Poetry (2020)]