This website is dedicated to the works of Arie de Bruyn.
‘Psychopomp Press’ is a sole trading business that I set up in 2011 in order to self-publish my work. Short fiction and other material is free to read, based on donation only. Books and novels are available for sale through clicking the ‘BOOKS’ tab.
For tax purposes, ABN: 4880 967 3983
Contact for all other inquiries: email@example.com
Follow me on Twitter: @firstofkin
Arie de Bruyn was born on the 15th of January, 1987, in Sandringham (Melbourne), Victoria, Australia. Currently residing in Geelong, Victoria, Australia. Has worked as: a bartender/barback, a cashier, a debt collector, an assistant in nursing, general labourer, groundskeeper and an esl teacher.
Youngest son of Dirk de Bruyn (https://otherfilm.org/dirk-de-bruyn/) and Alison de Bruyn (Speech Pathologist)
The self published books include:
- Variations of Sanity [A book of short stories, poems and prose (2009)]
- The Sky is Falling [A novel of fiction (2011)]
- Psychic Symphony [A novel of fiction (2013)]
- Things are looking up for the twentieth century [A novel of fiction (2014)]
- Tales of Woe, Misery and Despair [A novel of fiction (2017)]
- Mad Bastard: The Complete Short Stories [A compilation of short stories (2019)]
Other writing formats:
Psychotic Tendencies Zine [A self-made zine hosting poems (2008)]
Ran the website http://www.psychopomppress.com [Hosting short fiction and distribution of other material. (2020 – current)]
- Into Oblivion [1 min 26 sec, Claymation (2018)]
- Contract for Sacrifice [6 min 15 sec, Claymation (2018)]
- What’s Happening? [4 min 40 sec, Claymation (2018)]
- Bushwalk [2 min 16 sec, Experimental (2019)]
- Thai Farewell Ceremony [1 min 53 sec, Home video (2017)]
- Dogs can Walk [18 min 50 sec, Experimental/Film Poetry (2020)]